Sunday, September 13, 2009

WEEK EIGHT: Tute Task

I found this tutorial task a hard one. Mainly because I am not sure what my political beliefs are… The question asks: “…What opportunities can you find for political participation via the internet. How many of the following can you achieve while sticking to your political beliefs?”

Well I am unsure of what my beliefs are… I am a 19-year-old and I have only just become officially enrolled (as I just gained Australian Citizenship). I must admit I am still getting the hand of understanding Australian Government and what my role in politics is. I know for a fact I would be able to find out what Barack Obama is up to today as he pretty must has a celebrity following after him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was on twitter! Sure enough it was easy to find Obama’s everyday schedule as tones of bloggers are posting things about him everyday: I found this one that gave me an insight to what he would be doing and what is making political headlines in America. http://ochairball.blogspot.com/ (21.09.09)

Finding out who my local, state and federal representatives was a little harder than I thought… I found that Scott McConnel is the LNP Ashgrove representative… and Kerry Jones also from Ahgrove is a representative... But again I have NO IDEA what my beliefs are so I’m not sure who MY reps are.

As for responding to a professional blogger at a major news site I thought I would have a browse of one of the newspapers I read regularily: so I chose the courier mail: I had a look at the “comments” page and found “blogs” a lot of them were slightly trivial but I found this one called the green space by Graham Readfearn.
It is all about being green! It had tones of info and seemed very interactive and sure enough I could have a say on some of the issues if I wanted. So I think it would be very easy to have your say on a major news site. http://blogs.news.com.au/couriermail/greenblog/

As for my opinion on theory and practice of politics check out my lecture review for this week!



http://www.blackbookmag.com/ee/images/uploads2/blackbook-obama-fairey.jpg (13.09.09)

No comments:

Post a Comment