Tuesday, September 15, 2009

WEEK EIGHT: Lecture Review

Well as there was no lecture this week my review will be reasonably short!
I thought I would give a quick summery on my thought on the pages posted on learning@griffith regarding politics.

I must also admit I didn't read the whole thing but I DID read most of it! From what I read I think Steven Stockwell wanted us to focus on politics on the net vs. politics in real/ everyday life and is there a distinction between the two. I also think he wanted us to analysis what our relationship with our computer and how this related to politics...

When I think of politics on the net I think of news bulletins and campaign pages. I can't say that I have done much digging for politics (although this weeks task helped out). The concept of edemocracy: as a internet society based around cyber politics was pretty interesting.

I now realise that politics surrounds the web environment and researching my beliefs/ the theory and practice of politics is only a finger click away.

I also have a completely new way of looking at hackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment