Sunday, August 9, 2009

Week One: Lecture review

So week one lecture one. I really didn't know what to expect when I found out that New Communications Technology was my compulsory subject for this semester. I had a read of the 'course overview' on the website and I basically got the idea that this subject would be teaching me how revolutionary ipods have been and how much facebook is changing the world... I really didn't think there would be much depth to the subject. 

HOWEVER

The first lecture was interesting. Afterwards I really reflected on how fast and how advancing technology/ new media has been over such a short period. When it was all presented to me in the lecture I was able to take in the enormity of the feat that is: technology. 

I later watched the clip: cocaine jesus and loved it! It was so basic and simply. I mean it was just white words flashing onto a black background yet I was held in suspense. I thought it was a great example of the simplicity of new media yet also exhibited the sophistication of it at the same time. 

I came out of the lecture with a new idea of what this subject will involve. I don't think its just about ipods anymore. It will be interesting to see how the lectures progress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment